Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Heated Stone Massage

One of my favorite modalities of massage involves the integration of heated stones.  The long, sweeping strokes of the warm stones, combined with the healing focus of traditional lomilomi, conjures the feeling of deep tumbling waves on the ocean and places the mind and spirit in a state of blissful relaxation.

My path to learning heated stone integration began about 2 years ago, and as a practitioner, it is one of my most treasured experiences.  After months of mastering the technique, I began collecting my stones one by one from the rustic cliff-side beaches of San Diego.  Each one has a unique shape, heft, and voice that I have learned to partner with to create a massage that is designed to transport the mind, body, and spirit into the healing arms of the ocean.  Perfect for a cool, cloudy morning in San Diego.  If you have never experienced heated stones as part of your massage, I urge you to treat yourself to this beautiful art form.

For more information, see the following article from Massage and Bodywork Magazine.  To book your next session, visit my website today to schedule your outdoor heated stone massage.



No comments:

Post a Comment